Protect your business!
Restaurant and Bar Insurance
While General Liability provides coverage only for particular instances, there are more specific exposures for restaurants and bars that must be addressed. Restaurant and Bar liability insurance provides coverage that protects against bodily injury, property damage or personal injury claims made by someone else.
If you serve alcoholic beverages, provide delivery service, or utilize bouncers, you should consider the following coverage's to solidify your policy.
- LIQUOR LIABILITY: Liquor Liability coverage is for bodily injury or property damage caused by an intoxicated person who was served liquor by the policyholder.
- ASSAULT & BATTERY: Assault & Battery Coverage for third party liability claims arising out of any assault or battery. Coverage is patron to patron or employee to patron.
- HIRED/NON-OWNED VEHICLE LIABILITY: Hired/Non-Owned Vehicle Liability coverage provides contingent excess liability for Hired (rented) vehicles and Non-Owned vehicles (vehicles owned by employees and driven for company business.) Hired/Non-Owned Vehicle Liability limits are the same as the General Liability policy. Hired & Non-owned coverage is essential for risks that have a delivery service as you can be held responsible for accidents that your employees get into.
- FOOD CONTAMINATION: "Food contamination" coverage protects you in the event of a patron getting or suspecting that they got food poisoning from food supplied by you. Check your current policy to see if you are covered for Food Contamination risks. Food contamination is one of the restaurant industries greatest areas of risk.
- AUTO/VALET LIABILITY: Restaurants, night clubs, bars and lounges have very specific auto related exposures. Whether you hire a valet service, provide your own or have a delivery service - these are important factors to consider when reviewing your insurance. Make sure you protect yourself from the potential problems that come along with auto liability. Provide your Valet service coverage with Auto/Valet Liability to insure the brief time you will be utilizing customers' cars.